Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Silver Buckle


Hurray for me! After doing a stellar job of neglecting this blog, today I’m posting twice. Here is a piece I just finished, working off this text excerpt provided by my instructor:

“Then she cut the squash in the middle until she had two big half squashes. And inside, just like outside, it was rich yellow, spotted with spots of gold. And there was a shine of silver. And she wondered why silver should be in a squash.

“She picked and plunged with her fingers until she pulled it out. ‘It’s a buckle,’ she said, ‘a silver buckle, a Chinese silver slipper buckle!’ She ran with it to her father and said, ‘Look what I found when I cut open the golden yellow squash spotted with gold spots! It is a Chinese silver slipper buckle.’

“‘It means our luck is going to change,’ said her father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment